The Potential of LMS for Organizational Growth
For years, companies have been investing time and resources in training their employees.
Arranging seminars, travelling halfway across the world, appointing trainers in the house – every solution has been tried & tested to improve productivity at work.
However, the one learning and training solution that has worked the best is eLearning. In fact, learning digitally has been known to increase retention rates to 25%-60%, as opposed to the retention rates of face-to-face training, which is 8%-10% only.
As a result of this amazing benefit, eLearning has shown a growth of about 900% of growth since the year 2000.
In fact, the advantages of eLearning go way beyond this. Regardless of the size of your organization, you reap its benefits. Read on to see how.
The most effective way of implementing eLearning: LMS
A learning management system (LMS) is a software which brings together and facilitates learning (or training) and management in the best way possible.
LMSs are essentially designed to identify the gaps in training and learning by using data analytics and reporting modules. They offer a digital platform for learners to access online content and courses (including media content like videos and tutorials), take tests, give/receive feedback, and even serve as effective discussion boards for remote employees.
They can be either web-based or cloud-based and even open-source software.
Some of the most popular learning management systems are:
- Docebo: Equipped with gamification and ILT classroom features, this LMS has one of the most user-friendly interfaces. It also makes it easy for users to integrate third-party apps to manage content.
- Adobe Captive Prime: It has been unofficially labelled as one of the most effective LMSs that gives you total control over the setup of your online course, progress tracking, and delivery.
- Moodle: This tool has a large community of users to interact on various subjects which is the biggest perk of this solution.
- Chamilo: It gives the users an easy and transparent communication channel with user-friendly authoring tools that allows you to create your own eLearning course.
How does LMS help?
A learning management system (LMS) is not restricted to employee information and training management. With the help of a truly competent LMS, you can easily manage your online training content and courses, students, tutors, groups, calendars, supervisors, etc.
Moreover, having a strong and effective learning culture in your company keeps your employees motivated not only professionally but personally also.
Some of the biggest benefits of having a learning management system are:
- Effective onboarding process
- Higher productivity and profits
- A culture of sharing knowledge
- A sense of accountability and responsibility in employees
- Boost in employee satisfaction
Training and overall learning are the most effective when it is more focused and relevant to the field of your employees. And an LMS helps you in doing exactly that – you can easily customize your eLearning courses according to your teams.
In fact, you can tailor your own eLearning course with many available solutions from the authoring tool directory. All you have to do is find a compatible-with-LMS authoring tool and with the help of its built-in templates, designing your own course will be far easier than outsourcing a course.
Advantages of Online Learning or eLearning
Gone are the days of making your teams sit through tedious seminars in the name of training. Those non-interactive ways of learning did nothing but pass on information one way which made retaining it impossible for people.
With the help of eLearning, employees are brought closer to the platform they are most comfortable in, in the 21st century – their desktops and mobile devices.
In fact, eLearning helps in much more than just that:
- Standardization: eLearning helps in creating uniformity in employee training. With the help of standard test modules, gradual and customized learning, and regular assessments, eLearning builds consistency in learning among different users.
- Faster onboarding: eLearning eliminates the exhausting and often ineffective training procedures of the onboarding process. Instead, it provides customized digital learning modules which makes onboarding much faster.
- Gives insight: Since all the training results, progress, and feedbacks are available digitally on a common platform, it makes the assessment process hasslefree.
- Increased ROI: By providing all the resources for improvement, eLearning allows employees to practice a better way of learning and working. Improved performance and productivity, thereby, leads to an increased ROI in an organization.
Summing up LMS
Whether you own an established empire, or you are only starting up, there is no two-way about the fact that adopting eLearning can substantially improve your company’s performance.
So, consider these advantages of eLearning and LMSs and re-evaluate your training process.
After all, eLearning means higher productivity with lesser resources.