Make Your Business Excel In 2020
As a business owner, there are a lot of hurdles that you need to overcome, and there are lots of goals that you, no doubt, want to fulfill. In this blog post, we take a look at some of the different ways you can make your business excel in 2020.
Manage your issues list
One thing business owners and leaders tend to misinterpret is the term ‘issues list’. This is because confusion comes from the word “issues” because it is something that tends to have a negative connotation. By rethinking your issues list, you will be able to tackle your tasks more effectively and achieve more. In order to move forward, we need to remove our definition of “issues” – whether positive or negative. For most people, the natural reaction in their brain is to think of bad things once the word issue is used. To make this natural reaction go away, we need to eliminate, leverage, automate, or solve this approach. Instead, you need to visualize it as somewhere to park all of the topics you need to solve in your business. After all, no matter if you run a bakery store or a consultancy firm, you are going to be focusing on different tasks and topics every day, and you are going to think of different things that need to be done or changed. Instead of thinking of these as issues, just get the idea out of your head and put it on the ‘issues list’ so that you know to tackle it in the future. You don’t even need to tackle it within the coming months – simply getting this out of your mind and putting pen to paper is an action that can make you feel inspired and provide you with the mental capacity to work more efficiently.
Consider an umbrella company
Umbrella companies provide a service that is extremely beneficial for all contractors and freelancers especially. Nonetheless, to fully feel these benefits, you need to make sure you select a company with a great amount of care. Here are some things to consider…
- Online Service – The first thing you need to discover is how you will upload your timesheet and your expenses sheet. The best companies will offer an online service whereby you can easily upload your timesheet and expenses sheet to their website. This offers the ultimate convenience and ensures a much quicker service.
- Favorable Fixed Fees – You obviously don’t want to opt for a company charging extortionate fees.
- Contract – You should never start paying a company for their services if there is not a contract in place. Typically, this will be sent to you via e-mail. All you need to do is print it off and send it back.
- Contactable – In addition to the points that have already been mentioned, it is imperative to ensure that the company is easily contactable. You want to be sure that you can easily get in touch if you have any queries or concerns. Because of this, it is advisable to test out their contact methods before agreeing to their services. Moreover, the best companies provide a wealth of information on their website and are not vague about their solution.
- Quick Payment – Last but not least, top umbrella companies ensure that your net profit is quickly deposited into your bank account. After all, this is one of the main reasons for using an umbrella company in the first place – they save you time. Therefore, it is imperative to make sure that they actually do.
Assess your health and safety efforts
Aside from everything that has been discussed so far, now is the perfect time for you to take a look at your health and security efforts as a business since this is key to make your business excel. This includes everything from using hazmat labels correctly to ensuring that you carry out in-depth risk assessments and that you act on the findings. One of the biggest mistakes that businesses make when it comes to safety is simply addressing the matter once and then forgetting about it. However, you need to make sure that this is something you continuously address, as situations change all of the time.
Get on board with Pinterest
Pinterest is one of the leading social network platforms used for finding inspiration and sharing ideas. It can really make your business excel. Did you know that 200 million people use Pinterest every month? They use Pinterest to discover everything from influencers and artists to destinations, recipes, new products, and much more. This represents a massive opportunity for businesses. With that in mind, read on to discover how to make the most of Pinterest.
- Make your images stand out – There is only one place to begin, and this is with using images that are unique and eye-catching. To do this, not only should they be attention-grabbing and colorful, they should also say something specific about what your business has to offer when compared with other accounts and businesses of a similar nature. Infographics, quotes, photo tutorials, or photo collages also work well.
- Use a vertical aspect ratio – Pins are organized into columns. Because of this, vertical images will make a much bigger impression in the feed. This is because they take up more space. 2:3 – 600px wide x 900px high is the ideal aspect ratio for a vertical pin.
- Make sure your images are not cluttered and use high-resolution – You need to ensure that all of the images you share are in high-resolution. If your images are unclear, small, or pixelated, you will not capture people’s attention while they are searching on Pinterest. You also need to stay clear of cluttered images. This is important because 80 percent of users browse Pinterest on their smartphones, and cluttered images are very difficult to digest.
Hopefully, you now feel more prepared for making a big impact on Pinterest. As this is a visual-first platform, good images make all of the difference. You need to create visuals that people are going to want to share and add to their boards to help make your business excel in 2020.