Want ideas on how to grow blog traffic?
Interested in ways to generate revenue from your blog?
All this and more covered in this episode of the Halftime Mike podcast with guest Ricky Shetty, The Daddy Blogger!
Ricky shares his personal story of growing a business online and along the way offers specific tips that can help your business.
This week I am joined by Ricky Shetty, known online as the Daddy Blogger. Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Ricky owns and operates Daddyblogger.com where he writes about parenting from a father’s perspective and has a load of other “dad friendly resources”. He also runs YVR Media Group which has a number of sites and focus areas for the Vancouver area for blogging, dads, food, and conferences. Ricky is also most proud of being the father of daughter Rianne and son Ryan, as well as husband to Anne.
Ricky likes to live life large, make a splash and have an impact. One example of making a splash was his coordination of a “flash mob” in the Vancouver Airport to help him propose marriage to his wife! Check out that video below.
Blogging for Business: How One Man Launched a Growing Empire
Ricky has been blogging for over 2.5 years and has grown Daddy Blogger from the ground up to have multiple thousands of visitors each month. Along the way he’s learned a lot and we dive into that wisdom about blogging and internet marketing in this show.
Blogging Topics covered include:
- Frequency of Blogging Needed for Impact
- How to Create Content and use multiple types of content
- Methods to Grow Blog Traffic
- Guest Blog Posts
- Social Sharing
- Email Marketing
- Video Blogging
- Contests on your Blog
- Offline Networking
- Moving Blog readers to leads and customers
- Build your Email list with Call-outs to resources
- Grow your Open Rate for Emails with Great Headlines
- Have a definitive Call to Action on your Blog
- Offer Products on your Blog
- Ways Ricky Monetizes his Blog
- Multiple Methods for Leveraging a Blog for Income
- Sell Your own Products and Services with multiple price points
- Affiliate Marketing offers on your site (Click Bank, Commission Junction, Amazon, other sister partner products)
- Advertising Sponsorships
- Take your Online Audience Offline for events
All this and more, including why Ricky goes by the “@TokyoRicky” moniker on Twitter and Instagram!
Ricky’s Viral “Flash Mob” Wedding Proposal:
Daddy Blogger Ricky Shetty Online:
Ricky Shetty and his family:
Next Doable Task:
Why the Halftime theme Mike?
I’m an Indiana Hoosier native where basketball is the top sport. Every team heads to the locker room at halftime to evaluate the first half and create a updated plan for the second half. That plan includes adjustments based on reviewing what worked and what didn’t. The “halftime” is a key review point where the game stops, the team pulls away to huddle in the locker room away from the fans, and they come out prepared and ready to succeed in the second half.
That’s what this podcast is all about, taking the time to pull away for a bit to evaluate, learn, and set some strategies for your business to succeed in the second half. Join me by subscribing and let me be your “business halftime” to help you find great success going forward!