Yes, I used the term "sexy" when talking about blogging, and in this case video blogging!
Blogging and video blogging may not seem sexy, but Amy Schmittauer makes it so!
Amy is my guest on this episode of the Halftime Mike podcast. She's the founder and personality behind Savvy Sexy Social and leader of Vlog Boss Studios. With over 30k YouTube channel subscribers she's amassed more than 1.2 million video views. We dive in and get gold from Amy on video blogging that you don't want to miss!
Want to learn how video blogging can help your business and how to do it? Listen in!
Subscribe: Halftime Mike on iTunes | Android users via RSS | Listen on Stitcher.
- The most important Video platform: YouTube for discovery is simply #1. You want to be connected with the top search engine (Google) in the world!
- Facebook's hot with video and something to pay attention to, but it's DIFFERENT!
- The number one metric to measure with video.... Retention! (How long is someone staying on your video)
- For YouTube, it's the 8 second mark for visitors to decide if they are going to stay
- For Facebook, with the auto-play, it's 3 seconds!
- With Facebook you must capture the user visually since it autoplays silently
- The strategies for Facebook and YouTube are VERY different!
- It's all about BYOD - Bring your own Digital!
- The amount of video going out from brands on SnapChat is mind blowing!
- Go for BYOD! Just capture the moments and get it going.
- It's not about green screens and production....It's about being relatable!
- Consistency is critical! People need to know your going to show up and keep bringing content.
- Structure your content, yet offer the viewer a surprise!
- Develop a "Social Funnel," All your social networks are at the top of the funnel and they are rented space. You don't own them. The next section in the funnel is your own space, it's what you own...your website and on your website a email capture for your building your email list. This is the funnel strategy you need.
I’m an Indiana Hoosier native where basketball is the top sport. Every team heads to the locker room at halftime to evaluate the first half and create a updated plan for the second half. That plan includes adjustments based on reviewing what worked and what didn't. The “halftime” is a key review point where the game stops, the team pulls away to huddle in the locker room away from the fans, and they come out prepared and ready to succeed in the second half.
That’s what this podcast is all about, taking the time to pull away for a bit to evaluate, learn, and set some strategies for your business to succeed in the second half. Join me by subscribing and let me be your “business halftime” to help you find great success going forward!
Subscribe via iTunes: Halftime Mike on iTunes | Android users via RSS | Listen on Stitcher.