Marketing is an essential part of any business. It’s what brings in new customers and tells the story of your company. If you’d like to level up your business, there are three basic strategies you can use to improve your marketing game.
Take Your Branding To The Next Level
Branding is at the heart of marketing. A strong brand can carry a whole company. Here are some suggestions on how to take your branding to the next level.
- Make an easily recognizable logo.
- Craft a mission statement that represents your company.
- Commission the best promotional products to represent your business.
- Go with merchandise that will be useful. No one throws out a good pen or a comfy pair of socks.
- Be approachable as a company and a person. This will lead to more trust from your customers.
- Make everything you do represent the goals and mission of your brand.
Creating a strong brand image is the first step to improving your marketing game.
Switch Up Your Social Media
Social media is the most powerful marketing tool available at present. Using it effectively can put your business in front of a whole new market. So what changes should you make to your businesses’ social media to make it more effective? Here are a few ideas.
- Choose the platforms that your target audience uses. There’s no reason to take the time to create content for a social media site that can’t get you the people you’re looking for.
- Focus on creating quality content instead of on creating more content.
- Engage with your audience. Respond to questions and comments whenever possible.
- Give your posts a personal touch when appropriate. People like knowing you’re business is run by real people.
- Don’t make every post about selling something. In fact, that should only be about 20% of your content.
- Get your business promoted by people with large social media followings. You can usually do this by paying to sponsor a post.
- Choose promoters that make sense for your business. For instance, if you’re a tech company, you might choose someone known for tech reviews.
- Encourage your customers to post reviews or photos of your products and use your hashtag.
- Host giveaways or contests that require people to follow your accounts to enter and possibly win.
These strategies will help you make the most of your social media presence. Always be on the lookout for new ways to attract the audience you want.
Find Companies To Cross-Promote With
Cross-promotion is when multiple companies agree to promote each other to their customers. This is a great way for both businesses to get new customers. Here’s how to make it improve your marketing.
- Find a business that you share a common audience with, but that you’re not in competition with.
- Make sure you choose the right partners and that their products are good. You don’t want to be linked to a scam or a failed business.
- Decide how you and this other company can best help each other. It might be sending over customers or it might be giving out each others’ websites.
- Set goals about what you’d like to achieve from your cross-promotion experience.
- Each of you should make a list of tasks you’d like the other to do for you.
- Evaluate often to see how the partnership is working and discuss how it can be improved.
- Don’t be afraid to end a cross-promotion when it’s no longer working for you. It’s a business decision, not a personal one.
Cross-promotion is a powerful tool to have in your marketing belt.
If you put these three basic strategies to work for you, improvement in your marketing game is sure to follow.