Facebook is now 10 years old! With that history let’s take a look at the present day data on Facebook….
Below is a great infographic from Top Marketing Schools. A few keys that stood out to me include:
Top Facebook fast facts
- 67% of all American internet users use Facebook. In the UK it is 82%
- 83% of all 18-29 year olds use Facebook in the USA
- 40 pages are liked per user
- 66% of of total social media sharing is from the Facebook iPhone app
- The number one life event reported by Facebook users is “adding a relationship”
The biggest data point to me was the fact that 83% of all 18-29 year olds in the USA use Facebook! The young are still on Facebook and using it!
The value of Facebook to marketers is the fact that it is so widely used, and the fact that with Facebook Ads you can reach such a specific and unique target audience.
What jumped out at you the most from this? Any surprises to you?
Trying to improve your Facebook Sales Funnel? Here’s my tips for Growing a Facebook Sales Funnel of Leads and Leverage
Information for this article was collected from the following pages and web sites:
Here’s a great compilation of 15 key Facebook statistics for 2013.
Bottom line: Facebook continues to grow. Facebook is being used more and more by mobile users. Facebook needs to be a key part of your online marketing strategy.
Which stat stands out to you the most? Let me know in the comments!
1. Worldwide, there are over 1.15 billion active Facebook users. (Source: Facebook)
2. Average time spent per Facebook visit is 20 minutes. (Source: Infodocket)
3. 699 million people log onto Facebook daily, which represents a 26% increase from 2012 (Source: Facebook)
4. There are 819 million mobile monthly active users which is a 54 percent increase from 2012. (Source: Facebook)
5. 7.5 million promoted posts have been made from June 2012 to May 2013. (Source: Facebook)
6. Age 25 to 34, at 29.7% of users, is the most common age demographic. (Source:Emarketer 2012)
7. Five new profiles are created every second. (Source: ALLFacebook 2012)
8. Facebook users are 53% female and 47% male. (Source: Emarketer)
9. 50% of 18-24 year-olds go on Facebook when they wake up. (Source: The Social Skinny)
10. On Thursdays and Fridays, engagement is 18% higher. (Source: Bit.ly blog)
11. One in five page views in the United States occurs on Facebook. (Source: Infodocket 2012)
12. Photo uploads total 300 million per day. (Source: Gizmodo)
13. 4.5 billion likes generated daily as of May 2013 which is a 67 percent increase from August 2012 (Source: Facebook)
14. Every 60 seconds on Facebook: 510,000 comments are posted, 293,000 statuses are updated, and 136,000 photos are uploaded. (Source: The Social Skinny)
15. 4.75 billion pieces of content shared daily as of May 2013 which is a 94 percent increase from August 2012. (Source: Facebook)
Great compilation of stats, right?
Which one jumps out to you the most? Please share below!
Source of data compilation: www.zephoria.com