When you’ve been in an automobile accident you need legal representation you can trust. A common type of automobile accident in Port Richey is those involving trucks. South Florida, like much of the nation, has large trucks transporting goods and materials on a regular basis on local roads. While these large trucks are often not a hazard, accidents can occur. If you've been in an accident driving a personal automobile and the other party was a truck driver, you need Port Richey truck accident lawyers as soon as possible. Accidents involving trucks have their own unique concerns that you need professional assistance to properly address. If you’re wondering if a lawyer is worth it keep the following in mind.
Reasons To Hire a Lawyer When You Have Been In a Truck Accident
- Investigation: when you have been hurt in an accident you deserve to be made whole by the responsible parties such as the truck driver, the trucking company, the truck manufacturer, and other involved parties. However, to receive the judgment you are due requires proper research. A lawyer can collect all the evidence for medical bills, loss of wages, care, and other losses. Such evidence can include police reports, witness statements, video evidence, expert witnesses, and professional accident recreation.
- Experience In The Courtroom: while in many cases insurance companies will seek a settlement, sometimes a case will have to go before court. Legal proceedings can be complex events and you need proper legal representation to have your case heard and evidence presented. A truck accident attorney can help guide you through the court process including proper paperwork, preparation, evidence, and all other steps needed.
- File Proper Documents On Time: when you are in an accident there are limits and time frames for several vital steps during the process. These dates can include reporting the accident, contacting insurance companies, collecting some types of evidence, and various legal documents that have associated due dates. Your attorney will ensure all such timeframes and due dates are met.
- Determination of Damages: calculations for damages require proper experience to calculate properly. When you have been in a truck accident you may not know what damages you are owed and what you qualify for. Your attorney can evaluate your situation and determine what losses you are owed. Some areas of compensation can include wages, medical costs, repairs, loss of earning ability, and others.
- Communication With Insurance Companies: another reason to hire a lawyer is to have an expert to work with insurance companies. When you are recovering, one of the last things you want to do is deal with insurance companies. Your lawyer will negotiate with insurance companies, deal with any material needs, and, if possible, negotiate a fair settlement for you.
Don’t Wait To Hire an Attorney
If you have been in a truck accident, one of the first things you should do is reach out to a truck accident attorney. You need someone who will fight for you and provide the support and knowledge you need to be made whole before the court. With proper legal aid, you can rest easy knowing you have someone in your corner, and you can focus on getting better and spending time with those you care about.