Jon Loomer Tips on Facebook Ads, Insights and Graph Search -Podcast with Mike Gingerich
Facebook always changes!
I put out a post recently with the headline: 3 Constants in life: Death, Taxes, and Facebook Changes! It’s a given and can make marketers head’s spin but at the same time, there is so much opportunity for businesses on Facebook! The ability to target an exact, ideal audience with your message via a Facebook Ad is a tremendous opportunity!
In the past few months, Facebook has made changes to their Ads features, their Insights interface for Pages, and the capabilities of Graph Search. I’m thrilled to have had the chance to sit down with Jon Loomer to get his insights on some of these changes and what they mean for Facebook marketers.
NOTE: This interview was prior to the holidays.
Jon Loomer is a Facebook Ads and Insights expert offering consulting and training on these topics and more at www.JonLoomer.com. I first met Jon in person last year at Social Media Marketing World in San Diego in the spring of 2013. In this podcast we do dive into Facebook’s Insights, Graph Search, Power Editor, times to post and more. Be forewarned, we do go off topic a bit and cover our favorite pro baseball and basketball teams, as well as Jon’s past life in the NBA (as an employee)!
Subscribe to my podcast:
Topics Covered in the Podcast:
- Graph Search – Jon breaks it down a bit and explains why it is a valuable tool for marketers.
- Tips for Facebook Page Admins to ensure they show up well in Graph
- What Facebook Insights are most important to watch
- Key changes in the latest Insights update, including how to find the best times for you to post on Facebook
- Future items coming from Facebook…Jon weighs in on the coming “Post Search” (ability to search and find relevant posts)
- Sharing Facebook Posts – Can you share the same post more than once, like a few days or weeks later? Here Jon’s answer! (short answer “yes, but..”)
- Biggest tip for those considering Facebook Ads that Jon has to offer…
Jon has a number of excellent training courses available that go into more depth on these topics including:
FB Marketing Advanced University: Power Editor Course
Here’s a sneak peek at the self-study sections offered in the Power Editor course:
- An Introduction to Power Editor
- Creating a Campaign and Ad
- Intermediate Strategies
- Advanced Strategies
- BONUS: Facebook Ad Reports and Power Editor
Each lesson contains a video, materials, and a action plan to help you implement what you are learning!
FB Marketing Advanced University: Insights Course
This is another course by Jon related to our topic in this podcast. Sections in this self-directed training course include:
- Multiple sections of lessons, from beginner to advanced
- Completely self-serve — Learn at your pace!
- Written lessons on Facebook Insights
- Video lessons included
- A daily assignment to hold you accountable
- The option to subscribe to a different lesson emailed to you every weekday
Other great posts by Jon:
Listen to all Halftime Mike Podcast episodes!
Download this episode:
GREAT CHEAT SHEET ON FACEBOOK ADS
Facebook advertising can be a bit complicated. There are endless terms and features, but Jon has an Infographic for that!
Here is Jon’s excellent Facebook ads glossary,
Want to get together with both Jon and I? Join us at Social Media Examiner’s Social Media Marketing World 2014!
JOIN us in sunny SAN DIEGO!