How Smart Technology Has Impacted the Hospitality Industry
In many ways, the hospitality industry is at the forefront of adopting smart business technology. However, smart hotel technology can deliver a range of cost savings and revenue opportunities. From operations to customer experience and marketing, enabling hotel owners to achieve higher profitability levels.
The Millennials form the most significant part of America’s population. It is estimated that the Millennial generation occupies nearly fifty percent of the current workforce around the world. In turn, the millennials constitute a great nub of consumption expenditure. The millennials are a digital generation since they have grown up in the surrounding of ever-advancing technologies. Their everyday life, that is, how they read, shop, travel, shows the influence of technology.
Technological advancements have become part and parcel of the world. As such, all the industries are embracing technological advances that have become key in their running. Technology has greatly enhanced the operational efficiency of enterprises. The hospitality industry also joins this digital era.
The hospitality industry appreciates the generation of millennials who make up nearly fifty percent of the global tourists. More conferences are held to educate and demonstrate the newest technological trends looming in the market. However, the future of the hotel industry majorly depends on smart technology. Therefore, they embrace technology in managing both guests’ and innkeepers’ needs due to the collision of technological and physical worlds.
- Through smart management of energy, the cost spent on power can see a significant reduction. This results in faster payback periods than ever before in the industry. Additionally, smart energy management links to the significant increase in the value of hotels’ resale.
- Predictive maintenance is enabled through the Internet of Things technology. The hotel management uses data sensors to detect and alert the maintenance staff of any hazardous or uneconomical trends. They solve the issue immediately to avoid escalation, which could be costlier if detected later.
- They have digital guest experience. The customers of the hospitality industry are the guests. Hoteliers incorporate innovative technology to offer their guests the best experiences while meeting their expectations. Automated guest interactions and occupancy sensors are some of the trends popular in digitizing the guest experience.
- Remote check-in and check-out. Guests use their mobile devices to check-in remotely, enabling management to manage their needs and save on labor costs. A smooth check-out experience saves on labor costs as guests book their modes of transportation rather than the management transporting them.
- Access to your room is via your smartphone, i.e., mobile room keys. Hotel management then saves the hassle of maintaining key inventory that could be easily lost.
- Hotels now offer smart room service. The use of technological occupancy sensors helps restaurants use push-up notifications on guests’ smartphones to notify them of the menus available. Guests have a personal experience as their past orders dictate recommendations.
- They have digital marketing practices. Hotels must attract customers to their premises by digitizing their modes of marketing.
- Use of technology to manage their online reputation. Hoteliers have a massive investment in online platforms that help monitor online guest reviews, manage their reputation online, and utilize the feedback gotten to upgrade their operations and further streamline the guest experience standards.
Best Hotel Tech Companies
Did you know, hotel industry practices such as booking and room service are almost all digital? Currently, hoteliers practice online-booking, check-in, check out remotely, conduct marketing digitally, manage their reputation through online platforms, use smartphone room keys, and carry out hotel maintenance and management by embracing IoT and cloud-based platforms. Additionally, the current situation continues to push technologists to infuse enormous data, neural-networks, the internet of things (IoT), and the best rising technologies to create apps, software, and other digital networks. Thereby, assisting hoteliers in delivering a seamless and customer-centered experience to their guests.
Choosing the most suitable solution that meets all the guests’ needs and expectations among the many technologies on offer is of great importance. To help you in the search, below we have some of the best hotel tech companies that provide travel and hospitality technological solutions .
They rank one of the best as they offer auxiliary services such as a modern Central Reservations System (CRS) platform, Internet Booking Engine (IBE), Pegasus Analytics, etc. The benefits are vital in helping hoteliers to have additional control in the hotel’s distribution.
Onyx CenterSource has gained prominence as one of the best hotel-tech companies as it leads in the provision of business-to-business (B2B) payments and intelligence solutions in the hotel industry.
Direct Travel provides risk management and corporate travel services vital in improving corporate travelers’ experience worldwide.
Lodging Controls is one of the best hotel-tech companies due to outstanding and ingenious services that help hoteliers meet their guests’ expectations and needs.
Recently Uptown Network gained massive popularity in the hospitality industry. The company has revolutionized guest interaction with the menus provided by restaurants.
Aptech Computer Systems
Aptech Computer Systems is on many lists of best hotel-tech companies. The company specializes in providing market intelligence and business plans and is also a financial software program. Additionally, Aptech Computer Systems solve business constraints and increase profits for their hospitality industry customers.
Hotelogix is a favorite cloud-based program by hoteliers in hotel management. The platform offers automation options for hotel booking and Point-of-Sale solutions to both small and medium hotels.
Other best hotel tech companies that hoteliers can incorporate for the ultimate smart guest experience include mycloud Hospitality, inroad, TravelClick, World Cinema, Frontdesk Anywhere, Egencia, etc.
The birth of the technological era has made it all-important for hoteliers to embrace the internet of things (IoT) and cloud-based technologies that help ensure their hotels have and can keep up an artfulness in the market. The hospitality industry reinvents old techniques and embraces smart technology to cater to millennial travelers’ constantly changing generation.