How to export a csv file from Etsy
Running a successful business online has become a challenge for small enterprises, especially because of fierce competition from the more established and bigger companies with deep pockets. It takes grit and a lot of focus and strategic business decisions to increase your business revenue streams.
One good way to expand business reach is to open online stores in famous e-commerce platforms such as eBay, Amazon, Shopify, and Etsy.
An e-commerce platform that connects sellers and buyers of artistic items, vintage finds, handmade goods, and other crafts, Etsy has made it easier for users to download their data. The app also makes it possible for sellers to download their listings or check their sales by downloading a spreadsheet of their transactions.
If you’re a novice at using e-commerce platforms and want guidance on how to download your Etsy data, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll show you a step-by-step guide on how to export a .CSV file from Etsy for easier access.
How to Download Your Personal Data from Etsy in .CSV format
- Open the site Etsy.com and click the “Your Account” icon.
- Choose Account settings.
- Click Privacy tab.
- Search for the “Download Data” tab then click “Request your data for download”.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email once the data you requested is ready for download. Make sure the email address in your profile is still working and accessible to you.
- Log in to the email linked to your Etsy account.
- When you see the confirmation email from Etsy, click the button in the email to validate your request.
- Click “Go” to your account’s Privacy Settings.
- Under Download Data, click Download your data.
- Enter your account password, then your data will download to your computer.
Doing the following steps allows Etsy users to download a .ZIP (compressed) file, both in CSV and JSON formats, which can be accessed for two weeks.
These file formats are supported by programming languages such as Java, PHP, Python, and Ruby. On the other hand, CSV file formats are less complicated, more compact, and compatible with other spreadsheets such as Google Sheets and MS Excel. Between the two, we recommend Etsy users to download their files via CSV format.
Etsy sellers will receive their shop information in the ZIP file, as well.
How to Download .CSV files from Your Etsy Shop
If you’re a seller on Etsy and want to have access to your shop information only, here’s what you can do:
- Log in on Etsy.com and input your username and password.
- Click the Your Account icon, then click Shop Manager.
- Look for the Settings tab and click it.
- Choose Options under the Settings tab.
- Select the Download Data tab.
- Choose the type of data you want to download and click Download CSV to save the files to your computer.
The following Etsy listings information can be accessed via the .CSV file you’ve just downloaded:
- Currency code
- Image URLs
- SKU numbers (if applicable)
Moving data from one platform to another cuts the seller time and ensures that attention is fixed on other things that require more effort, such as thinking of ways to grow the client base.
How to Download a .CSV Spreadsheet of Your Transactions from Etsy
To check if your revenues match the actual amount you received so far from your Etsy store, download the .CSV files of your monthly statements and sold order history.
Here’s how to have access to the spreadsheet CSV file containing a record of your transactions:
- Sign in to your Etsy account
- Go to Shop Manager > Settings > Options > Download Data.
- Click the dropdown menu and select CSV Type.
- Choose the specific period you want reflected in the transaction record. If you want a yearly record, just choose a year and leave the month tab blank.
- Click Download Orders as a CSV file to save it to your computer.
Your downloaded .CSV spreadsheet will include a list of all your orders with additional information, as shown below:
- Payment method
- Item price
- Item title
- SKU numbers of items if you’ve added them
6. Click on the box CSV Type to make your choice between the following options:
- Order Items – all your sales by item.
- Orders – all sales by order.
- Etsy Payments Sales – all payments (done through Etsy Payments)
Etsy Payments Deposits – all deposits made to your bank account
You may opt to download each of the parameters for a specific month or get all the data for the whole year.
- Save the file onto your computer.
Bonus Tip #1: How to Open a .CSV file in MS Excel
Running a successful online business requires businesses to integrate all applications for ready access to important information. This allows enterprise owners to have basis for critical business decisions.
To access .CSV files from Etsy of other sources in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, do the following:
- Open an Excel document by clicking New.
- Click on the Data tab.
- Choose the From Text button.
- Navigate to the CSV file you want to access then click Import.
- From the newly-opened window, choose Delimited. Then click Next.
- Check the box next to the type of delimiter – which is either a semicolon or a comma.
- Choose Next.
- Click Finish.
Bonus Tip #2: How to Open a .CSV file in Google Sheets
- Open Google Sheets and then click on File from the toolbar menu
- Select Import.
- When the Import File window opens, click the Upload tab.
- Click the CSV file that you wish to import or drag and drop the required files to the window.
You may open the CSV file as a read-only file, meaning you can only view and not make changes to it. You can do this by clicking the drop-down icon next to the Open tab.
- When the upload is finished, click on the Import data button.
- You’ll be prompted with the message File imported successfully.
- To access the spreadsheet and the imported data, select Open Now link beside the File imported successfully option.
An easier option is using the CSV URL to check the data online. To do this, simply open Google Sheets and write =importData(“CSV URL”) on the browser.
Data integration is critical in all businesses in that it leads to a more comprehensive analysis of your business performance to base your next moves on. To view your data from Etsy and make it more accessible and overall “friendlier”, download it in CSV format.
If you want to integrate various apps and make them more readable with the use of spreadsheets, in general, get the Coupler.io to work smart, not hard.