Top 4 Digital Marketing Mistakes People Make
There’s no doubt that digital marketing is powerful in helping businesses promote their brand across different online channels, like social media and search engines. Now more than ever, digital marketing strategies have become more in-demand during the COVID pandemic crisis, rapidly shifting businesses from brick and mortar to online stores. However, people make digital marketing mistakes that may harm their business, which will be tackled in this article.
1. Not Creating Buyer Persona
Digital marketing encompasses all sales and marketing strategies viewed, read, or heard across mobile and digital devices, like smartphones, tablets, wearables, laptops, and desktops. While all businesses carry out good business plans, one of the digital marketing mistakes is not building a buyer persona or an ideal customer profile.
But, why is creating a buyer persona important in digital marketing? A buyer persona can help businesses:
- Lay A Marketing Basis: Creating a buyer persona allows you to understand your audience to lay a good ground for all your digital marketing strategies.
- Target and Segment Audience: By having an ideal profile, you can easily target and segment your audience. In this way, you can provide them with the right solutions suitable for their needs and behaviors.
- Improve Customer Experience: With a buyer persona, you’ll know how your customers respond to various sales pitches and marketing efforts.
2. Hard-To-Locate Online Store
Most often, web stores are barely seen because they’re confined deeply in search engines. So, how do you make your online store prominent and worth visiting?
- Integration: It’s worth linking your social media business accounts to your online store. This integration is easy to do in just a few clicks, opening a wide door to plenty of business opportunities.
- Mobile App: Mobile apps are convenient versions of web-based software programs highly recommended for businesses nowadays because of the on-the-go lifestyle. A mobile version of your store makes online shopping more convenient for smartphone and tablet users. It means that your prospects and customers don’t have to find your store and browse in Google, Yahoo, Bing, or other search engines.
3. Not Following Up Prospects
Website visitors may leave footprints, demonstrating their interest in your products and services. Some examples of user actions include clicking the call-to-action button, signing up your website, and subscribing to your monthly newsletter.
Check these practical ways to follow-up with your prospects:
- Send email
- Sent a text message
- Contact via phone call
- Show appreciation by offering new customer discount or loyalty rewards
4. Not Taking SEO Seriously
Search engine optimization (SEO) aims to increase a website’s ranking in search engine giants, such as Google. Just think of SEO as an anchor to your other digital marketing strategies. Because the online business world is very competitive, SEO can help your website stand out to attract more potential customers.
Take SEO seriously to gain rewarding benefits. Follow these SEO tips to keep you guided:
- Don’t Stuff Keywords: Avoid keyword stuffing, but engage in relevant keyword research. There are free keyword research online tools you can use for this purpose.
- Boost Content: Improve existing content for missing subtopics to gain higher site traffic. It would also help to create a wide range of web content formats, like texts, images, infographics, and videos. Publish web content with statistical data, facts, video tutorials, how-to guides, and other relevant information to help online users find what they’re searching for.
- Link To Credible Sources: Add internal links from credible websites to your new web pages to help increase your trust rating. Linking your web pages to unscrupulous websites may ruin your brand reputation.
- SEO Audit: You can perform an annual web content audit by hiring an SEO professional or doing it on your own using Google Analytics or your site dashboard analytics. Hiring an SEO expert is a good idea if you prefer focusing on your business instead of SEO technicalities.
The top digital marketing mistakes you have to avoid when implementing your strategies include not building your buyer persona, not following up prospects and a hard-to-locate store.
Make sure that you create your ideal customer profile so that your efforts won’t be wasted. Integrating your store into your social media and blog sites is an excellent idea to increase brand awareness and sales. Continuously communicate with your customers to boost your presence and make your brand their priority when they need products and services. Finally, apply SEO to your web pages to rank high in search results and gain more traffic, conversions, leads, and sales for your business.