One of the highlights of Social Media Marketing World for me was the ability to connect ahead of time and in real life during the event with those that were podcasting or expressed interest in starting.
We had a very active podcast discussion group on Social Media Examiner's LinkedIn Group prior to the event and this carried over to networking lunches and more. It was great to have people come up to me and say, "Mike, hey, great to meet you! I was in the LinkedIn Podcaster's Group."
Here's a pic from one of the networking lunches where Mike Stelzner was present:
I've captured some of my key takeaways from the conference at MikeGingerich.com/SMMW14. Yes, I did a podcast episode! I recorded the podcast episode while in the airport in Detroit, MI on a layover as I returned home!
So, I thought I would take the time to try and bring together all those who participated in the LinkedIn Group and the lunchtime Interest Group Meetups. Here's what I was able to find and compile. I'm sure I missed some so please add them in the comments below and I'll then update this list and links. Here are the Social Media Marketing World 2014 conference attendees that either podcast or are looking at starting!
1. Tyler Anderson - Social Media Social Hour
2. Shaun Ayala - Socialcated
3. Nik Parks - Launching Creative Podcast
4. Arfan Qureshi, CPLP - LionSage
5. Anne Bachrach - The Accountability Coach
6. John Jantsch - Duct Tape Marketing
7. Christina Canters - Presentation Skills For Design Students
8. Wanda Booth - Praise Top Living: Real Talk
9. Megan McWilliams - The Green Divas Radio Show
10. Matthew D. Smith - AEB Marketing
11. Azure Collier - Speakeasy
12. Vickie Maris - Heartsong Fit
13. Rich Brooks - The Marketing Agents Podcast
14. Lindy Neubauer - Kreative Fm
15. Rick Seigmund - Get After It America
16. Glen Smyth - Create Your Personal Brand
17. Tracie Trollins - One Badass Life
18. Martin Tokar - Outsource Your Project w/ Martin Tokar
19. Hugh Culver - Expert’s Enterprise
20. Mark Eckdahl - Biz Chix
21. Jennifer Keegin - College Union and Activities Discussion
22. John Poelstra - Untangling Christianity
23. Lou Mongello - WDW Radio - Your Walt Disney World Information Station
24 James W. (Jim) Claussen - AskJim
25. George Cuevas - The Biggest Real Estate Marketing Mexican North of the Rio Grande
26. Phil Mershon - Director of Events at Social Media Examiner
27. Susan Milligan - AHHH Lifestyle LLC
28. Jerry Katz - Jkatz Broadcast Services
29. Derryck McLuhan - CenterEdge Ministries
30. Jenny Hadden - TeamSnap
31. Mike Gingerich - Halftime Mike
32. Pat Flynn - Smart Passive Income and Ask Pat
33. John Lee Dumas - Entrepreneur on Fire
34. Erik Fisher - Beyond the To-Do List
35. Mike Stelzner - Social Media Marketing Podcast
36. Michael Hyatt - This is Your Life
37. Cynthia Sanchez - Oh So Pinteresting
Wow! What a list! It's great to see the interest.
It was at Social Media Marketing World 2013 where I was inspired to consider launching a podcast myself. I returned from the conference in April with the vision to launch. After doing my research and learning the ropes on producing, I launched my first episode on July 3, 2013!
How about you? What's your podcast story?