Here’s a great compilation of 15 key Facebook statistics for 2013.
Bottom line: Facebook continues to grow. Facebook is being used more and more by mobile users. Facebook needs to be a key part of your online marketing strategy.
Which stat stands out to you the most? Let me know in the comments!
1. Worldwide, there are over 1.15 billion active Facebook users. (Source: Facebook)
2. Average time spent per Facebook visit is 20 minutes. (Source: Infodocket)
3. 699 million people log onto Facebook daily, which represents a 26% increase from 2012 (Source: Facebook)
4. There are 819 million mobile monthly active users which is a 54 percent increase from 2012. (Source: Facebook)
5. 7.5 million promoted posts have been made from June 2012 to May 2013. (Source: Facebook)
6. Age 25 to 34, at 29.7% of users, is the most common age demographic. (Source:Emarketer 2012)
7. Five new profiles are created every second. (Source: ALLFacebook 2012)
8. Facebook users are 53% female and 47% male. (Source: Emarketer)
9. 50% of 18-24 year-olds go on Facebook when they wake up. (Source: The Social Skinny)
10. On Thursdays and Fridays, engagement is 18% higher. (Source: Bit.ly blog)
11. One in five page views in the United States occurs on Facebook. (Source: Infodocket 2012)
12. Photo uploads total 300 million per day. (Source: Gizmodo)
13. 4.5 billion likes generated daily as of May 2013 which is a 67 percent increase from August 2012 (Source: Facebook)
14. Every 60 seconds on Facebook: 510,000 comments are posted, 293,000 statuses are updated, and 136,000 photos are uploaded. (Source: The Social Skinny)
15. 4.75 billion pieces of content shared daily as of May 2013 which is a 94 percent increase from August 2012. (Source: Facebook)
Great compilation of stats, right?
Which one jumps out to you the most? Please share below!
Source of data compilation: www.zephoria.com