Top Facebook Statistics 2013 [as of September]
Here’s a great compilation of 15 key Facebook statistics for 2013.
Bottom line: Â Facebook continues to grow. Â Facebook is being used more and more by mobile users. Â Facebook needs to be a key part of your online marketing strategy.
Which stat stands out to you the most? Â Let me know in the comments!
1. Worldwide, there are over 1.15 billion active Facebook users. (Source: Facebook)
2. Average time spent per Facebook visit is 20 minutes. (Source: Infodocket)
3. 699 million people log onto Facebook daily, which represents a 26% increase from 2012 (Source: Facebook)
4. There are 819 million mobile monthly active users which is a 54 percent increase from 2012. (Source: Facebook)
5.Â 7.5 million promoted posts have been made from June 2012 to May 2013. (Source: Â Facebook)
6. Age 25 to 34, at 29.7% of users, is the most common age demographic. (Source:Emarketer 2012)
7. Five new profiles are created every second. (Source: ALLFacebook 2012)
8. Facebook users are 53% female and 47% male. (Source: Emarketer)
9.Â Â 50% of 18-24 year-olds go on Facebook when they wake up. (Source: The Social Skinny)
10. On Thursdays and Fridays, engagement is 18% higher. (Source: Bit.ly blog)
11.Â One in five page views in the United States occurs on Facebook. (Source: Infodocket 2012)
12. Photo uploads total 300 million per day. (Source: Gizmodo)
13.Â 4.5 billion likes generated daily as of May 2013 which is a 67 percent increase from August 2012 (Source: Â Facebook)
14. Every 60 seconds on Facebook: 510,000 comments are posted, 293,000 statuses are updated, and 136,000 photos are uploaded. (Source: The Social Skinny)
15. 4.75 billion pieces of content shared daily as of May 2013 which is a 94 percent increase from August 2012. Â (Source: Â Facebook)
Great compilation of stats, right?
Which one jumps out to you the most? Â Please share below!
Source of data compilation: www.zephoria.com