Blog

SEO Tips from Mike Gingerich

Here's a number of SEO tips I've picked up along the way and a link to the full article...

Search Engine Optimization:

Keyword Introduction and On-page Factors

Following Search Engine Guidelines will Increase Your Rankings

Webmasters and search engine optimizers often search for ways to get their site better indexed and improve their rankings.  You can scour Search Engine Optimization (SEO) forums, read books and talk to other webmasters.  But often, one of the most valuable ranking resources is forgotten: the search engines themselves.  All three major crawlers, Google, MSN (Windows Live) and Yahoo! offer comprehensive, webmaster-friendly help sections on optimizing your site.  Before setting off to optimize your site, make sure you got the basics down by following the rules of the game.  The following white paper is a summation of "keyword best practices," as outlined by the major search engines, to maximize your placement on Search Engines.

"Natural" Search Engine Optimization

The process of trying to get your site ranked better in search engine results has become known as "natural" or "organic" search engine optimization (SEO).  Since search engines are extremely popular with users and bring in pre-qualified traffic, many sites want to know how they can improve their rankings in non-paid search results. Anyone can launch a pay-per-click campaign on Google, but only a few sites rise to the top of search results.  Why is it important to be ranked high organically?  Only 20% of browsers ever click on pay-per-click links.  The other 80% click on the organic results.

Before you can understand how each search engine scores web sites, you need to understand the various factors they consider. These factors can be divided into two categories, on-page and offsite.

On-page factors are concerned with keywords and their placement in the HTML:

  • Keyword frequency, weight, prominence and proximity
  • Format, placement and content of the title tag
  • Use of the meta tags
  • Use of header tags
  • Use of ALT tags

Off-site factors are not related to the content of your HTML, but rather to the overall quality of your site, search engines perceive it.  The major off-site factor is Link popularity and everything related to it, such as the following:

  • Number of incoming links
  • Anchor text
  • Quality of the linking sites
  • Directory links, etc

Achieve results

You can improve most of the above factors to achieve higher rankings. We recommend that you work on both on-page and off-site factors at the same time. This is especially important for sites targeting general and highly competitive terms. The search engine marketing landscape is simply too competitive right now to ignore either page-related factors or link popularity.

LINK TO SEE FULL ARTICLE: seo-keywords-white-paper1

Blog Categories

Recent Posts

nordvpn

Subscribe to my Blog
on Business Trends...




Enter Search Above

© 2021 Mike Gingerich    Contact   -   Privacy

magnifier linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram