How Social Media Benefits SEO
Below is a helpful infographic about the ways that social media impacts SEO.
A couple items stand out to me including:
- Social Media helps Content Get Indexed Faster
- Tweeting cuts indexation time by 50%
- Social Media reduces the time it takes Googlebot to find your content from Hours to Seconds
- Increases Rankings for Terms in the Share
- Shares can trigger the freshness portions of Google’s algorithm, giving you temporary boosts in rankings.
- Increases Ranking for Social Connections
In my own experience I have found that social media helps my blog reach farther and faster by the social sharing of content. Particularly, I use a strategy of Facebook posts and Facebook page tabs (built with TabSite) to alert fans to new content. As well, I tweet and use Google+ and LinkedIn to share content I have created. As my communities grow in each of these areas, the odds improve that there is social interaction (Likes, Shares, comments, retweets, +1’s, etc) that all links back to my content.
Specifically related to SEO, I have seen that by sharing a new post on Google+ my content was immediately indexed and credited to me as author. (I do have the author-relation tag setup and definitely recommend it.)
The only item I wish for in this infographic is a detail of the sources. There are none listed. While I can say these hold true in my experience, data would be helpful. I pass this on because I think it has value and merit in the items listed.
Social Media and SEO infographic by the team at WhiteFire, an SEO Company
For more information on TabSite and creating custom tabs easily for contests and promotions, click below: