12 Ways to Create Visual Fireworks with Your Facebook Timeline Cover Image
Facebook has moved to quietly do away with the 20% max text rule on Facebook Page Cover images as of July 1, 2013! Read the full scoop on TabSite’s blog here: Facebook Updates Page Guidelines for Cover Image.
As Marketers, we are always looking for ways to rise above the crowd. It’s tough out there, and using your Timeline Cover Image to full advantage can make a difference!
A great way to increase engagement is to increase changing out your Facebook page Cover Photo. A recent study by HubSpot showed that photos on Facebook pages received 53% more likes than the average post. In addition HubSpot found that photo posts attracted 104% more comments than the average post.
By changing your Cover image more often a page can:
- Be found and seen in the News Feed.
- Highlight offers that are current.
- Educate fans on current news.
- Keep things fresh, active, and spur interest in coming back more.
Time to Rise Above the Crowd
How you use Facebook and what information you share via images can determine your success and engagement.
Below are 12 ideas to spur on visual fireworks for your Facebook fan page Cover image:
- Showcase your brand and key products(s).
- Include a call to action to your tab email list sign-up.
- Display photos in the image of your product/service in use by customers.
- Highlight your next event.
- Create a call to action page to download a free ebook or other resource.
- Make your brand human by showcasing your team members.
- Offer a tip, idea, or quote.
- Push to your eCommerce sales tab by highlighting top product deals.
- Announce a new product.
- Create a theme in keeping with the season or holidays.
- Showcase a customer testimonial.
- Highlight a special offer on a tab.
Your Turn! What ideas do you have for creative uses of the Cover Image? Please share.
Need help? Download our Facebook Cover Image Template.